Chat-Based Cooperative Storytelling

Download RaidCall!
Radio Rivendell - The Fantasy Radio Station!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
...After their adventures in Shallin's Garden, we find our heroes standing outside the inn on the cobblestone streets of Aranorn....



Andel looks at Grondthanc as Tain announces she must take care of some business before rushing off.

<Andel> Well...I suppose she'll be back.

<Grondthanc> Bah, more quite without the spitfire here...

Andel shrugs slightly "She seemed....like she could be nice if she wanted to be..."

<Grondthanc> If she WANTED to Red-wolf...if she wanted to.

Andel grins

<Andel> Very well...perhaps we should gather some equipment before we make our way to the Eldenwood?

<Grondthanc> Got it, where to?

Grondthanc <tugs on the inner flaps of his long leather duster coat>


<Scene=> The cobbled streets before you lead east, west and north.


Andel looks unsure "I know not...I am but newly come to Aranorn myself...."

Grondthanc <turns about before putting his hat on>

<Grondthanc> I have nearly broke a few people in half here...nasty place for the most part.


<Scene=> An ominous clap of thunder heralds a heavy rainfall in the near future.


Andel looks up at the sky

<Andel> Which way shall we go then, friend Grondthanc?

<Grondthanc> Bah, lived in a cave they would not need to worry about this kind of thing...And what ever way looks the most welcoming. If there is one.

Andel purses his lips, then nods. "Perhaps north? It looks like there might be a marketplace in that direction, judging from the carts moving in and out of that archway over there..."

<Grondthanc> Then let us leave! *slams his massive hand on Andel's back*

Andelstaggers under the heavy blow and nearly falls to his knees.

<Andel> Oof!

Grondthanc <laughs a long rolling laugh before moving down the north bound street>

Andel mutters under his breath and follows the Trall.


<Scene=> The rainfall begins almost immediately, drenching everything in sight and making visibility poor.


Grondthanc <has a waterfall pouring from his hat>


<Scene=> Shutters are being closed along with open doors as folk rush indoors to avoid the deluge.


Andel dons his hood "I don't think we'll find anyone to sell us anything in this..."

<Grondthanc> What do we need? For the travel that is.

Andel shakes his head "I am told the Eldenwood is a dangerous place indeed. My people do not travel there. The stories are dark."

<Grondthanc> Bah, I live on the outer edge of it, its as peaceful as can be where I am.

<Andel> Aye, the outer edges...have you gone beyond? And how is it a Trall dwells in the wood in the first place? You are most peculiar, friend Grondthanc.

<Grondthanc> Lets just say I hate my father and it has to do with that for now...

Andel nods and shrugs...one does not press a Trall.


<Scene=> A man in a tattered cloak hails the two travelers as they pass by a narrow lane.


<Grondthanc> Surprised I have not had anyone spit in my direction yet...

<HoodedMan> Hail, masters! Be you in need of supplies?

Grondthanc <turns around and looks down at the man from his towering height, then looks to Andel for he would need more supplies then he would>

Andel nods eagerly at the man

HoodedMan bobs his head and beckons for the them to follow

Grondthanc <thuds off after the man>

<HoodedMan> It's just down here, masters! Follow me!


<Scene=> Before long, the lane ends in a dead end cul de sac.


HoodedMan quickly disappears through a doorway and slams it shut.

Andel looks confused.

Grondthanc <looks around and pats his side hachet>

<Grondthanc> Seems I may have to tear someone in half tonight...


<Scene=> Rough laughter is heard just behind the travelers. Three armed men stand there.


Grondthanc <tosses his hat aside and walks up to them>

<Man#1> Well well! What have we here? A knife-ears and a stinking Trall?

<Grondthanc> Do you really wish to do this thin-skins?

<Man#1> I lost me father fighting you stinking stoneskins!

<Grondthanc> Do you wish to be lost to one as well?

<Man#1> I think it's time for a bit o' payback, aye lads?

Grondthanc <glares down at the men, he is like a wall>

<Man#2> :Aye!

<Andel> Wait! We want no trouble, here!

Andel steps in front of Grondthanc

Grondthanc <still stares down, his brow furrowed>

<Man#1> Oh, the stoneskin has a nursemaid, is it?

<Andel> I'm no nursemaid...we merely want to be on our way...let us pass!

Man#1 laughs and spits in Andel's face.

<Man#1> Pass on that, knife ears!

Grondthanc <simply roars now, it's loud long, and most likely the most scary sound ever>

Man#1 falls back, cursing and drawing his sword. His friends do the same.

INITIATIVE ROLL

<Ruffians> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Ruffians rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>

<Andel> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6>

RUFFIANS ATTACK FIRST

Man#1 rushes forward, slashing at Grondthanc's chest.

<Man#1> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#1 rolled 1d20: 10 <Total: 10(+1) = 11> (A hit!)

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20 (defense roll)

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20> (Epic Success!)


<Scene=> The man's sword snaps off on Grondthanc's hide, without scratching him.


Grondthanc <swings his left bare fist at the man's head in turn like a wrecking ball.>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14> (A hit!)

<Man#1> `roll 1d20 (defense roll)

<GameServ> Man#1 rolled 1d20: 14 <Total: 14> (A tie! Both combatants roll again!)

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9> (A miss!)

Man#2 screams and rushes in brandishing an axe

<Man#2> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Man#2 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11> (A hit!)

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20 (Defense roll)

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18> (Successful defense!)

Man#3 throws a hatchet at Grondthanc's face.

<Man#3> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#3 rolled 1d20: 11 <Total: 11(+1) = 12> (A hit!)

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20 (Defense roll)

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18> (Successful defense!)

Grondthanc <has the hachet bounce off the side of his head and with a another horrific roar charges the man, his arm out to grab him>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9> (A miss!)

Andel lashes out with his staff at the bridge of the man's nose

<Andel> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3> (A miss!)

Man#1 throws a punch at Andel's face.

<Man#1> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#1 rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18(+1) = 19> (A hit!)

<Andel> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4> (Unsuccessful defense!)

Andel's head snaps back from the punch and he staggers backward

Grondthanc <ran past the man he lunged at and rammed into the side of the door that the cloaked man whent in, more than likely scaring the living daylights out of the man on the other side>

Man#2 swings a mace at Andel's head.

<Man#2> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#2 rolled 1d20: 3 <Total: 3(+1) = 4> (A miss!)

Man#3 kicks at Andel's ribs.

Grondthanc <stumbles back up to his feet cursing>

<Man#3> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#3 rolled 1d20: 9 <Total: 9(+1) = 10> (A miss!)

Grondthanc <looks to the door grins and with a grunt rips it off it's hinges before throwing it at 2 of the bandits.>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1> (Epic failure!)


<Scene=> Grondthanc slips in a pile of dog excrement and crashes to the ground.


Andel rushes toward Grondthanc simultaneously as the men rush the fallen Trall

Grondthanc <lunges up roaring, his arms out as if to bring the men down like a bulldozer>

Man#1 retrieves the broken shard of his sword and dives on the Trall.

<Man#1> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#1 rolled 1d20: 4 <Total: 4(+1) = 5> (A miss!)

Man#2 retrieves his hatchet.

Man#3 swings his mace at Grondthanc's head

<Man#3> `roll 1d20+1

<GameServ> Man#3 rolled 1d20: 12 <Total: 12(+1) = 13> (A hit!)

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20 (Defense roll)

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 20 <Total: 20> (Epic Success!)


<Scene=> The mace shatters in splinters upon Grondthanc's head, along with the man's hand.


Man#3 screams in agony and clutches at the bloody ruin of his hand and forearm.

Grondthanc <Bursts out laughing and pulls and now goes to pick up the last two remaining bandits>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 6 <Total: 6> (A miss!)


<Scene=> The men manage to duck beneath Grondthanc's grasping arms. Suddenly, a lone feminine figure in a dark hooded cloak slowly walks upon the scene.


Grondthanc <curses as he stumbles foreward>

<Grondthanc> I WILL RIP YOU ALL IN HALF YOU THIN-HIDE SONS OF BITCHS!


<Scene=> The woman halts to regard the melee. She speaks in a quiet, yet strangely attractive voice.


<HoodedWoman> What have we here?

Grondthanc <looks over his shoulder, his eyes wide with rage>

<Grondthanc> About to rip some folk in half!

<Man#1> Away with you, bitch! This is no concern of yours!

Grondthanc <snarls and reachs down to grabs the man speaking>

<Grondthanc> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Grondthanc rolled 1d20: 18 <Total: 18> (A success!)

<Man#1> `roll 1d20 (Defense roll)

<GameServ> Man#1 rolled 1d20: 15 <Total: 10> (Unsuccessful defense!)

Grondthanc <reachs down and grabs the man by his side and with a might roar throws him upward and forward>


<Scene=> The man screams and sails some 25 feet through the air to crash against a stone wall, collapsing to lie in a crumpled heap.


Grondthanc <lets out a rough growl and looks to the last man and says "Run...">

<HoodedWoman> ENOUGH!


<Scene=> There is a brilliant flash of lightning and a bolt crashes into the middle of the cul de sac, throwing everyone to their knees.


<Grondthanc> BAH WITCH! *stumbles back*


<Scene=> The woman's hood falls back to reveal silvery white hair that writhes in the air with no wind. Her eyes glow a brilliant azure. She is beautiful beyond measure.


<Scene=> The remaining man stumbles to his feet and flees.


Grondthanc <squints beady orange lemming-like eyes at her>

Andel stumbles back against the wall in shock at the display of magical power.


<Scene=> The woman closes her eyes for a moment, then opens them to regard Grond and Andel.


<HoodedWoman> Your attackers have fled or are unable to do so. Will you cease this foolishness now?

Grondthanc <stumbles up to his feet and dusts himself off>

<Grondthanc> They attacked us...I broke them as would any respectable person.


<Scene=> The beautiful woman looks to Grondthanc and frowns.


<HoodedWoman> You are far from Dharfang, Trall. Our ways are not yours.

Andel looks at the woman "Who...Who are you, my lady?

Grondthanc <picks up his old tattered hat and puts it on his head again.>

<HoodedWoman> "My name I shall keep, Elden."

<HoodedWoman> Are either of you hurt?

<Grondthanc> Not in the slightest...

<Grondthanc> I speak for myself.

HoodedWoman approaches Grondthanc with a small smile looking up at him.

<HoodedWoman> Are you so very invulnerable then, Trall?

Grondthanc <looks down at her, and gruffly says "To bandits...">

HoodedWoman laughs with a sound like music. Her eyes seem to sparkle

<HoodedWoman> I think you are a fine companion to the Elden.

Grondthanc <blinks his orange eyes at the woman "At the moment it is but business, but yes. If he can challenge a trall in an inn he is one of two things..">

<Grondthanc> He is insane and wishs death...or has some fire in his spirit.

<HoodedWoman> I think your strength will be needed on the road before you.

HoodedWoman lays a gentle hand upon Grondthanc's massive arm.

<Grondthanc> Its just the road to my home *looks down to the tiny hand*

HoodedWoman smiles and looks up at him as though she knows a secret.

Grondthanc <looks around for a moment, a flick of almost shame in his eyes and he walks to Andel's side>

<HoodedWoman> Do try to be careful, mighty Grondthanc.

<Grondthanc> You alright Red-wolf?

Andel blinks and looks at the woman "How...How did you know his....?"

Grondthanc <blinks a bit and now asks the same question in only is face>

<HoodedWoman> A name is not hard to learn. But the spirit...Well, who can say what lies in one's heart?

HoodedWoman smiles and slowly walks away.

<Grondthanc> Hearts...*in reference to the fact that tralls do in fact have two of the things.*

Andel's eyes follow the amazingly beautiful woman as she leaves, his face a mask of bewilderment.

<Grondthanc> Strange woman...blue eyes and the works.

<Andel> I....who was she?

<Grondthanc> Bah, must have been some...some side show or something. Fortune teller.

<Andel> Fortune teller? *looks doubtful*

<Grondthanc> *mumble* That can fire lightening from the sky it seems...

Man#3 groans weakly from his landing place by the stone wall.

<Grondthanc> Ha, he is alive.

<Andel> I thought for certain you had killed him!

<Grondthanc> So did I...well he most likely has a few broken bones. Best leave him to his fate.

Man#2 sobs and whimpers, holding the stump of his destroyed hand.

Andel rushes to the man.

<Andel> Ah, WindFather! His hand....it is a mess!

Grondthanc <rolls his orange eyes and thuds over to Andel>

<Grondthanc> Don't hit tralls and this won't happen.

Andel kneels by the man. "Easy, now. I will help, if you will let me, yes?"

Grondthanc <goes over to get the door he threw during the battle>

Andel holds his hand outward over the man's hand as his eyes begin to smoulder with a brilliant light....

<Andel> `roll 1d20

<GameServ> Andel rolled 1d20: 1 <Total: 1> (Epic failure!)


<Scene=> The man's head explodes in a fountain of gore, propelling Andel backward 50 feet.


Andel lies unconscious

<Grondthanc> SON OF A- *stumbles back*

<Grondthanc> YOU BLEW HIS HEAD CLEAN OFF!

Grondthanc <looks around in awe, some brain on his coat>

Grondthanc <walks over to Andel>

<Grondthanc> Red-Wolf?

Andel does not move, though his breathing is shallow

Grondthanc <leans down and throws the Elden over his shoulder and walks down the ally muttering "You may need to teach me that one...">




TO BE CONTINUED.....


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

2The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Bahahahaha! on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

That was great I must say! We had exploding hands and heads. We had hulk roaring lemur eyed giants! And a terrible magician! This was one that made me laugh out loud many times.

View user profile

3The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Well...at least he isn't in pain anymore.... >_<


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

4The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

View user profile

5The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Oh sure...Andel could be DYING and all you guys can think of to do is sit around and laugh...

....and....pick bits of gray matter off your clothes...your hair....your face.... affraid


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

6The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re gray matter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:13 pm

It made Grond a little hungry to be honest...

View user profile

7The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:15 pm

oh gods don't....don't make me laugh anymore....my belly huuuuurts!

View user profile
As I have said before many times, The Twilght Realm of Elberen is becoming a fantasy/comic epic.

View user profile

9The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Stupid dice....


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

10The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Not much magic in them thar dice, eh?

View user profile

11The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Silence, you!! Evil or Very Mad


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

12The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

You will find it rather difficult to silence our Tain....

View user profile

13The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Andel would find it particularly difficult since he's unconscious...you guys are going to have to get him some medical/magical healing attention next week before he can do anything.....


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

14The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Tain knows a bit about healing....just enough to be dangerous
Though...probably not as dangerous as Andel

ARE WE PLANNING ON PLAYING NEXT SATURDAY NIGHT (APRIL 21?)
(I have a prior commitment to Lonely Mountain Band - I'm the "Layer Wrangler" for the Spring Racing Carnival at 7 p.m. my time but I can certainly be in Elberen by 9:00)

View user profile

15The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Yeah, let's shoot for every Saturday night at 9pm EST, since that seems to be the night where everyone can make it.


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

16The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:48 pm

I am so looking forward to it!!

View user profile

17The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re next week on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 pm

As of now that should work for me! I can't wait to see these guys again!

Tain
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/2842/dsg702knightvision03b3dg.jpg

Andel
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs9/300W/i/2006/005/d/6/DS__Elf_Male_by_willowWISP.jpg

Grond (black skin and big orange eyes and you have a great picture of him here)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ihXJQeG5Kok/TbXWj0R3OXI/AAAAAAAAAg0/2um47MgZC6c/s1600/half-orc05.png


View user profile

18The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Uh...how is it that Tain seems to be the only one not wearing any clothes??? Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

19The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re tain on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 pm

She is, it's a sketch so it's not to detailed. I just liked the build and face really. The picture you uploaded had her in a bed sheet after all!

View user profile

20The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 pm

in a WHAT????
Well SOMEbody's mind is in the gutter! Razz

View user profile

21The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
That makes two of us....it's a bed sheet. Totally. Shameless hussy!

Razz


_________________
"There are kinds of action, for good or ill, that lie so far outside the boundaries of normal behavior that they force us, in acknowledging that they have occurred, to restructure our own understanding of reality. We have to make room for them."

~Guy Gavriel Kay "The Summer Tree"
View user profile http://elberen.forumotion.com

22The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? Empty Re: The Beginning Chapter 2: Get Any On You? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm surrounded! Arrrrrrrgh!!

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum